Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Student Life Birthday party!

The Student Life department celebrated Veslava and my birthday with a surprise party at a local restaurant.  It was so much fun!  In traditional Lithuanian fashion we received flowers.  Mine were especailly beautiful and meaningful, as Vaida had fashioned a celebratory wreath out of fir branches from her yard.  Wreathes are made to commerate special occassions - such as a 40th birthday.  It was a fun way to celebrate with this wonderful group that I am priviledged to work with!

Me & Veslava with our cake!
LOTS of candles! 

Enjoying my new floral accessory!

 Birthday girls!

Student Life friends - Kim, Olena, and Margarita 

More smiling Student Lifers - Steve, Bethany, and Mackie 

Heading back to campus
Becky, Olena, Steve, me, Veslava, Alex, and Gabija

I'm such a ham!  I was shocked that she caught me mid-jump! 

And of course, a self portrait - showing off my beauitful wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment