Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mug n Muffin

We do a program a couple times a year called "Mug n Muffin."  Faculty/staff women bake loads of muffins and the RDs make hot drinks.  All of the female students are invited to come on a Satuday morning to hear several campus women talk about a topic.  This semester the topic was "Contentment" and I was asked to speak.  There were 3 other women speaking with me.  We each took a bit of a different foucus in our sharing.  I focused my sharing on my experience in coming to terms with being still being single at this point in my life and the contentment that has brought (also the wonderful opportunities it has brought as well!)  It enjoyed sharing this bit of my journey with the students.  I think they appreciated my sharing and one even asked to have tea with me at a later date to talk more.  I enjoy the opportunity to share about how God has worked in my life and was very pleased to have been a part of this event.

Gals came early and saved their seat with mugs of coffee.

The women who spoke that day - Ksenja, Rachel, me, and Grazina

Using my scarf as a visual aid

Listening to Rachel share some of her story

Rachel & me

No comments:

Post a Comment