Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!


Today is the 4th of July!  America's Independence Day!  I wouldn't say that I am an overly patriotic person, but I do appreciate the privileges that being and American brights into my life - especially now that I live abroad.  Today was not my first time being out of the country for the 4th, but this was the time that I celebrated the most.  I dressed in red, white, and blue (even wearing an American flag scarf - that I had received free at Dress Barn last year on the 4th!)  At the morning coffee break someone spontaneously broke out into the National Anthem and the rest of us joined in - kind of a funny moment in comparison to being at Goshen College for many years where it was such a controversial song!  :)

For my RD meeting tonight I made an apple crisp (didn't quite have time in my busy day to make an all American apple pie!).  My team of American RDs enjoyed the sweet treat!

Kaitlyn, Alisha, and Josh

and here's me in my American pride attire from today!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment