Saturday, September 1, 2012

FYS 2012

On Thursday I met my new group of First Year Seminar (FYS) students.  For those of you who don't know about FYS, it is a class that each first year student is required to take.  LCC's core competencies and tips for be a successful college student are taught.  We also do a lot of checking in with how they are personally adjusting to college and building community within the group.  I have taught this course the past 2 years and have found that the students in this class become very dear to me.  It's a smaller group that I get to personally invest in and I really love that!  

(left to right) Artem (my student assistant), Sasha, Luicija, Laura, Olga, Janis, me, Elvyra, Aleksandr, Ikihtar, Erika, Matas, and Martynas

acting a little (or a lot) crazy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment