Sunday, April 25, 2010

A new blog for a new season.

Hello All!

I am about to embark on an incredible journey! I have been blogging about my life as an RD, aunt, traveler of the US, and cook for a couple years now. I decided that I will continue to blog the those things on that blog and will use this one to chronicle my journey to Eastern Europe!

Let me start by copying a post from my original blog where I announced the big news...

So, if you are my facebook friend and read my status updates you may have noticed that recently I that have been a bit cryptic about something going on in my life. I have been praying for several years now about what my next steps should be. What could my life after GC look like? I've applied for a couple jobs along the way, but it's been clear that ultimately I am suppose to be at Goshen. And I was fully expecting to be at Goshen again this fall. Ultimately God had other plans...

On April 1st I received a phone call from a former colleague. He is on the board of another university and heard of an opening there that he thought I would be a good fit for. It came out of nowhere, but I felt God telling me to at least entertain the thought. So, I've spent the last 3 weeks praying, talking to my mentors and a few close friends, praying some more, contemplating what a change like this would look like, fine tuning my resume, applying, and interviewing for the position. I received an email yesterday afternoon offering me the position. While I haven't written the acceptance letter yet, but I am going to! :)

The position is the Director of Community Life at LCC International University. I will be in charge of the Residence Life Program and the Intercultural programs. This is a step up in the world of Student Life administration. It will be a great deal more responsibility and I'm grateful for all the wonderful experience that I've had here at GC to prepare me for it. I am so excited to use much of that knowledge and learning to impact the lives of this new group of students.

While work is going to be an exciting challenge, the biggest challenge will be the move! You see, LCC stands for Lithuania Christian College. Yes, I am moving to Lithuania! It's a country in eastern Europe - bordering Poland, Belarus, Russia, Latvia, and the Baltic Sea. Don't worry if you have to look it up on the map...I did! :) Wild, huh?! :)

I am in the process of telling my close friends before I make it public on FB early next week. I know that my regular readership includes some of you who I would want to be "in the know" before others, so I thought this would be a good place to get the word out as well.

I look forward to telling you more about the position, the process of discernment that I went through to make the decision, and for you to learn about ways you can partner with me in this exciting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment