Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Word is out

So, the word is out! I've announced my move to the world via Facebook! :) Responses have been very supportive and excited. There's a fair amount of grief mixed in there as well. I can honestly say that is my general feeling as well - overwhelmingly excited and ready for this new adventure, but I also am feeling a lot of grief at leaving a place and people that I love so very much!

This week I am working on three main tasks:

1. I am working with the
Migration Affairs Manager to start the process of getting my visa to work in Lithuania. The person I am working with is a very helpful woman who has a great deal of patience with my little questions. God bless her!

2. I am working on coming up with a budget. I don't think I mentioned it in my first note, but all Expats (international workers) at LCC raise their own support through donations from friends & family much like many other missionaries do. Before I can begin to ask for contributions I need to figure out how much I will need to raise. Once I have a solid and realistic budget amount established I will work with my support team here in the states to begin the process of raising funds.

3. I am working with LCC to determine where I will live - in residential housing or in an off campus apartment. Both option have pros & cons. I am just trying to figure out what will suit my situation the best. This decision is key because it will effect the amount of support that I need to raise.

Prayer request:
I remember when a very dear friend told me that she was moving to England to live. Even though I knew she was doing what God wanted her to do and wouldn't have wanted her to stay given that was His plan for her life, it was still really hard to see her go. I prayed that God would send me another friend to help fill some of the void her departure left in my heart. God did so in a delightfully unexpected manner! So, my prayers this week center around those that I am leaving behind in Goshen. I am asking God to bring people into their lives that will listen, love, and enjoy them as much as I have. I don't want someone to take my place in their hearts, but I do want others to help fill that day to day void that my absence will cause. And I know He will because God loves us enough to take care of those kinds of details.

No comments:

Post a Comment