Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Serve Day

The final event of our Servant Leadership week was to have "Serve Day" on Saturday.  We went out into the community and did service projects.  When we returned from our work we shared a meal together.  It was a great day.  I spent the day with my FYS group and most of them had never done any service work like this before...something that was hard for me to wrap my head around given the US's emphasis on service.  I love exposing students to new ideas like this.

My group shopped for clothes to take to the Salvation Army to be given to homeless men in the Klaipeda community.  Here are Oleksandr and Ina.

Here's my group outside Humana with all our purchases.
Dasha, Vladslava, Ina, Virginija, Kate, Viktoria, Oleksandr, Pogos, and Zydrune

Pogos showing off our apple art at the meal.

Noah had me in stitches with this new fashion statement during clean up from the meal!  Love this kid!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment