Sunday, January 22, 2012

Before the Christmas program

The week leading up to the Christmas program was busy for most of the Student Life departments.  Few of us were actually IN the program, but we all had various responsiblities to help prepare for the show.  I volunteered to make a throne for King Herod to sit on.  This swung from an easy to accomplish task to one that had me ready to pull my hair out.  That is, until I looked at it as an opportunity to work with others instead of something I had to do all on my own.  You see, I originally had all sorts of great ideas of how to create the back of the chair out of some sort of foam insulation board.  This was a great idea except that I couldn't exactly carry that home with me on the bus and I didn't want to have to borrow a car.  I ran idea after idea over in my head of what to make the back out of.  In the end I asked my friend Andrew to cut the back out of some wood that we had leftover from Karklu dorm.  After he did that I asked Kim to help me cover it with the shindy gold & jewel toned gift wrap that I had purchased.  We worked together for an hour or so and created a pretty awesome looking throne for the king to reign from!

Me placing the jewels on the throne.

I look pretty royal, don't I?!  :)

An added random photo...

One of our students painted a "face in hole" scene for photo opps!

No comments:

Post a Comment