Saturday, January 7, 2012

Orange Saturday

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we celebrated "Orange Saturday" on campus.  Orange Saturday was a several hour event that included decorating the campus for Christmas and celebrating Thanksgiving with a potluck meal.  All of the faculty and staff were invited to join in the fun!  We called it "Orange Saturday" to tie in the orange of pumpkins/harvest/fall and the orange of Mandarin oranges (which are a key element in Christmas decorating/celebrations around Eastern Europe.)  I was one of the organizers, so I was pretty busy throughout the day and was disappointed when I got home and realized that I had taken very few photos.  Here are a few that you might enjoy...

I cooked one of the turkeys for the potluck meal.  Here I am with "Tom" in my kitchen before he ended up in the oven.

That's my pumpkin pie in the middle...made COMPLETELY from scratch...no premade pie crust, no canned pumpkin, no pumpkin pie seasoning.  It was just me and that raw ingredients.  Know what, it tasted really good!  :)

Our two Levis - Levi, one of my RDs, and Levi, my former little neighbor.

Ilona is ready to dig in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment