Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Back home in Lithuania!

I made it back to Lithuania yesterday - safe and sound.  It feels great to be back!  Leaving America was quite difficult this time.  I felt extra sad to be leaving my wonderfully supportive and loving network of relationships as things are going to be quite different this year at LCC...several dear friends are no longer here, I'm going to be living on campus, a new Student Life Vice President (my new boss) has been hired...so many changes.  I was pretty worked up before I left, but now that I am here I feel as confident as ever that this is the place God wants me and that everything is going to be OK. 

My joy at being back started before I even arrived in Lithuania.  I met up with the two new RDs at the Copenhagen airport.  It was fun to be beginning their journey with them.  They are a young and fun couple who I think are going to bring wonderful things to our Residence Life program!  The joy continued when my dear friend Rachel showed up to meet me at the airport in Palanga.  She spent most of the rest of the day chatting with me as I began unpacking.  It was good to catch up with her and begin thinking about all the good things God has in store for us this year!  She and I took the new RDs out for dinner at Biskvitas and on their first shopping trip.  

This is the current state of my apartment... 

UGH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment