Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baltic Sea sauna!

The sauna is a popular recreation spot in Lithuania.  I've been several times during my years here, but this past week I made the visit that made me a local.  I went in the winter and ran into the sea!  Yes, I sat in a sweltering hut for 20 minutes and warmed my insides so nice and toasty that I am still a bit warm and then ran out into the below freezing air and jumped into the frigid Baltic Sea!  CRAZY, right?!  Crazy awesome!  I was scared to death to do it, but everyone said it was fun, so I went ahead and did it.  I'm so glad that I did.  It was exhilarating and invigorating!  

Here's the Student Life team riding the ferry over to the Spit.
I seriously work with the BEST people!

The sauna brings out the crazy in us all!
me, Josh, and Mark

Thanks to Alisha and Margarita for the photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment