Monday, February 25, 2013

Mug n Muffin

On Saturday I was a speaker at our Mug n Muffin event.  This is a Res Life sponsored event where several faculty and staff members are invited to speak on a topic to the female students.  The topic this time was on identity/relationships.  I spoke about my journey with singleness and figuring out how to cultivate a healthy identity while desiring to be married.  It was a great morning!  I enjoyed sharing my story and felt like the girls really connected with me while I was speaking.  They had lots of questions afterwards and were coming up giving me hugs to say thanks for sharing.  What a meaningful way to spend my Saturday morning!  

The speakers - Ilona, me, and Elena

talking with my hands...like usual!

A student took this photo...I wonder what I was talking about at that moment!  :)

A self portrait with my flowers!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for speaking, Susie! :)
    I saw that third picture of you - so funny! and the last one is AWESOME too!

    ReplyDelete