Monday, June 14, 2010

ACSD Conference

This past week I attended an ACSD (Association for Christians in Student Development) conference at Messiah College in Grantham, PA.  LCC is an active member of this organization and invited me to join their group at the conference.  I am so glad I did!

Highlights of the conference:
-hearing Juana Bordas (author of Salsa, Soul, and Spirit) speak.  Our Res Life team at GC read her book this year and it was inspiring to here her speak about leadership and the youth of today.  She had many good things to say and was a very engaging speaker.
-connecting with friends I've made at regional ACSD events (Laura, Larry, Jesse, and others).
-staying with friends Ben & Anita Yoder on the way out and stopping for dinner with Heath & Gary on my drive back.

 The highlight though, was spending time with the LCC folks! 
-Kim Stave (the VP for Student Life) and I spent a good amount of time together interviewing for the positions we still have open for this year at LCC.  While we didn't hire anyone on the spot, I am hopeful about some of the people we interviewed.  I thought our time spent working together was a nice glimpse into what our working relationship will be like.  I think it's going to be a good partnership between her and I!
-Becky Johnson is one of my RDs at LCC.  She ended up being my roommate at the conference.  She was delightful!  She is young and full of excitement/vision for Res Life at LCC.  I'm excited to get to know her better and to work with her to impact the lives of our students.
-Steve Hanson is an RD who is leaving LCC.  While I won't have the opportunity to work with him, it was fun to get to know him and to ask him lots of questions about LCC. 

Here's a photo of me with the other LCC folks:
Kim, me, Becky, and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment