Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What I am up to right now...

Lots of friends have been asking me when I am leaving and what I am doing from now until then.  So, I thought I'd let the rest of you know as well!  :)

This week I am focusing on my garage sale.  I'm having a sale at my mom's house Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  I've gone through all my earthly possessions and decided that I can part with a lot of them.  Friends (especially Denise and Deanna) have helped me with this process over the past several weeks.  My items along with the donations of several generous friends has made for quite a nice amount of items for the sale.  I am hoping to earn enough to cover any expenses I have during the month of July (when I am without a paycheck between employment at GC and LCC) and also to put a little more away in my savings account to help cover expenses in Lithuania.  I am hopeful that the sale will do well and I am excited to be getting rid of so much extra stuff!  :) 

If you want to drop by the sale it is at 1619 S 11th St in Goshen (on the corner of 11th and College Ave.)

Next week, after the sale is over, I will be finishing up packing the rest of my belongings.  Most will go into storage, while a few will be moving with me to my transitional living space and then even fewer will end up making the trip to Lithuania with me. I will move out of my RD apartment on June 26th.  Helping hands are appreciate...many hands make light work, right?

I will be taking care of move our details with GC, evaluating fund-raising efforts, and  relaxing a bit the next couple of days before I head out on vacation June 29th.  The Rissers and I planned a trip back in March (before the job in Lithuania was even on my radar) so we are going to use the tickets we purchased and go to England to visit our friend Rebecca and to do some sightseeing in Paris.  I will return from that trip on July 7th.

July 8th through the first week of August will be spent finishing up my fund-raising and spending time with friends and family.  I will leave August 4 or 5 (still working out a few final details about that with LCC.)  So, there you have it - where I'll be and what I'll be up to for the next 7 weeks or so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment