Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My visa is here!

Today I received my visa in the mail!  This important piece of paper glued in my passport was a very important piece of the puzzle needed for my departure in a little over a week (just 8 days now!).  I still need a letter from the school to carry with me on the flight, but other than that I think all the "official" work is done.

Things on my "to do" list (other than seeing friends) include things like stocking up on cooking supplies that can not be purchased in Lithuania - chocolate chips, brown sugar, certain spices, box mac & cheese, etc, packing clothing and personal items, deciding which photos to get printed to hang in my apartment/post in my new office, getting a haircut,. picking up my new glasses at the eye doctor, and countless other misc details! 

Things to pray about this week - that I can say good-bye to loved ones without too many tears, that I get all the things done that need to be done, that the Lord would move the hearts of those who are to support me financially to do so, and that I continue to stay healthy during this last week at home.

I am getting very excited!  In a little over a week I will be posting from my new apartment in Lithuania!  EEK!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment