Saturday, April 9, 2011

A slow spring break

For all the big talk about people seizing the opportunity to travel over the breaks while working at LCC, it hasn't really worked out that way for me.  I spent my spring break mostly in my apartment in Klaipeda - baking, watching "Chuck" online, catching up on sleep, doing some overdue household chores, etc.  I was surprised by how relaxing and fun the week was and by how quickly it flew by!  Here are a few photos from the week...

On Monday, Kim & I went to Vilnius so that we could visit the English speaking medical clinic.  We spent most of the day there, but did get to do a little shopping and went out for Mexican for dinner!  We are pretty sure that Tres Mexicanos is the only Mexican restaurant in all of Lithuania, so this is a HUGE treat!  I had the enchiladas with mole sauce...delish! 

This was the view from my apartment window on Tuesday.  It was sunny, so a group of Lithuanian men gathered on the benches to smoke and drink beer during the afternoon.  This is becoming a more and more common sight at the temperatures begin to get above freezing more often these days. 

Wednesday evening I went to the Thai place close to my place with Bethany.  I had the yellow curry, which was a wonderfully sweet and mild curry.  Mmmmm good! 

Thursday evening I went to Kim & Andrew's for dinner.  On my walk to their place I noticed that the ice on the river by my house was starting to break up and looked pretty cool.  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment