Saturday, April 9, 2011

Touring the Lithuanian countryside!

A group of us spent the Friday of spring break exploring the Lithuania countryside!  Robin checked out the LCC van and we drove around from small village to small village.  We drove past, but didn't go back to an area where there is an old abandoned Russian missle silo...kind of a creepy reminder of where we live and what their history is linked to.

Maxine, Betsy, and John in front of a statue in Plunge. 

Inside the Catholic church in Plunge - so ornate and beautiful! 

A bed & breakfast that the family of some of our student's runs. 

Beautiful steel candle holders and art. 

Steel crosses - I want one find one of those to bring home with me when I eventually move back to the states.  I think they are gorgeous! 

My exploring companions for the day - Maxine, Robin, Shari, John, and Betsy. 

John took this one of us ladies!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment