Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mexican Indepedence Day!

Mexico's Independence Day was last Friday.  LCC celebrates the Independence Day of each country represented on our campus with a flag raising at noon and a presentation about the country in the evening.  I decided that even though we don't have any students from Mexico on campus, that I would invite some friends over to my place to celebrate Mexico's Independence Day!  (Really it was just a good excuse to have a party and eat Mexican food - I made Chicken enchiladas.)

I decorated my apartment with balloons in the colors of the Mexican flag.

Everyone had to wear the colors of the flag - here we are posing according to how the colors appear on the flag.  Kim is holding the pinata that I made for the evening - it has the emblem from the Mexican flag on it.
front row: me, Steve, Kim, Marlene, and Betsy
back row: John, Andrew, Rachel, Robin, and Jerry

Rachel taking a swing at the pinata!

Steve -our pacifist theology deptartment chair- made a couple HUGE dents in the pinata!

It looks like Kim's head is the pinata in this shot!

The spoils spilled on the floor!  :)

Silly Robin wore the pinata for a while!  :)

This was a really fun evening!  Full of good food, good friend, and good conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment