Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cooking class

When we were looking for fun things to do in Istanbul we found a great tip on tripadvisor about various cooking classes.  We ended up signing up for the class at the Sarnic Hotel.  It ended up being a highlight of the trip for all of us!

When we first arrived at the Sarnic Hotel they sat us in the outdoor garden

and brought us some Turkish Delight

and a cup of tea!

We were taught how to make roses from the skin of a tomato

Bethany & Amanda cutting beans

Mehmet (our instructor) hamming up for a photo with me and Yvonne

Chefs in training! 
Amanda, Bethany, and me!

Mehmet instructing me on how to make the fig/walnut dessert

Yvonne & Nick - new friends from Canada (with Mennonite ties!)

Amanda whipping up the eggplant

Getting my workout with the eggplant

Our class!
Bethany, Amanda, me, Mehmet, Yvonne, sous chef, Becky, Nick, and Peter

The delicious figs!  Mmmm...so much better than I anticipated!

No comments:

Post a Comment