Saturday, November 12, 2011

Topkapi Palace

On Monday we went to Topkapi Palace.  It was the royal residence of the Ottoman Sultans for 400 years.  It was a gorgeous old palace full of gorgeous tiles!

Waiting in line to enter the palace gates.

Gorgeous tiles!
 
What's a good entry for my blog without a self portrait?!  :)

Royal grounds

More gorgeous tiles!

Inside the library

a "modest" entrance to one of the palace buildings
 
A view of the sea from the palace

Another view from the palace - reminded me of the ship cranes in Klaipeda

I was mesmerized by the interiors of the domes

such opulence

We rented the audio tour of the harem area - Bethany and Amanda shared the earpieces and then took turns telling me the highlights of what the tour was saying.

even the stone paths were lovely

a stained glass window in the Sultan's bedroom

me at the Gate of Salutations

No comments:

Post a Comment