Friday, November 11, 2011

Through the streets of Istanbul...

We did a LOT of walking in Istanbul.  I think we only rode to/from the airport and on our boat cruise.  The rest of the time we walked.  I was exhausted most of the time, but did enjoy seeing the city up close & personal at a slower pace.  Here are some of the lovely places we encountered while wandering the streets of Istanbul.

Hagia Sphia - a famous church/mosque

The German fountain

A walking street near the Grand Bazaar

A little food shop on a busy street - I took the photo because I have a good friend named "Cara" and it reminded me of her.  :)

I thought these lanterns were gorgeous!

Amanda taking a break on a ladybug rock!

Another great little walking street

Fun outdoor seating on a walking street

Istanbul had Burger King & McDonalds, but they also had Burger Turk!  :)

An armed entrance to some official area.

A very ornate and lovely convenience kiosk

A gate we passed through on the way to Topkapi Palace

 
An old building

No comments:

Post a Comment