Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Taste of Lithuania!

On Sunday, May 20th I hosted my first fundraiser of the summer season - a Lithuanian meal, a silent auction of Lithuanian items and a time of me sharing about my life in Lithuania.  It was held at 8th Street Mennonite Church in the evening and about 50 people came.  It was a very fun evening for me and those who attended.

This is what the room looked like before the guests arrived.  Things were decorated in yellow, green, and red - the colors of the Lithuanian flag!

Lithuanian items on display for the silent auction.

A table of GC friends
David, Haly, Ashley, Emily, Katie, and Tim

"Special" friends
Austin, Bonnie, Kassidy, and Daniel

Friends from my church - LifeSpring Community Church
Rob, Sandy, Bonnie, and David

Friends
Kristine, Darrel, Karen, and Miriam

GC friends (& Denise!)
Jean, Barb, Joel, and Denise

more friends from church!
Brenda, Tracy, Joelle, and Connie

my former mentor and mentee!
Gary, Rosie, and Tina

LCC board member Kent with his wife Cheryl and Steve from church

the Garratts from church
Alan, Mark, and Nathaniel

"Most Honored" guest of the evening!
my former speech teacher Susan Smith and her husband Larry!

Couldn't have pulled it off without the help of these two!
Kevin & Patty

My family and those who are "like" family
Angela, Gary, Mom, Bev, Alice, and Dennis

The event TRULY would NOT have happened without all the help of this 
AMAZING woman!
Thanks times 1,000 to you, Amanda Entz!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie,
    Put an announcement of yur next Lithuanian Dinner Fundraiser on your blog. I'd love to come if it's in this area.

    ReplyDelete