Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Food fun!

While making Vaida's birthday cake I had a bit of a disaster...the apple bundt cake came out of the pan in two parts.  Boo!  It tasted awesome though.  :)


My plan two was to make chocolate cupcakes...they weren't puffy on top, so I used the rest of the batter to make a cake (which was the dessert that we actually used for the celebration.)  Here are the cupcakes after Amanda decorated them!  The recipe I found online was called the "BEST chocolate cake ever."  I don't know if I'd call it that, but it was very rich and chocolaty.


Tonight for dinner I made the roasted summer vegetable recipe from the "Simply in Season" cookbook.  It was wonderful...onions, zucchini, potato, red bell pepper, onion, and carrots!


Here it is in the bowl mixed with some pasta.  (And my cherry limeade crystal light drink!)



No comments:

Post a Comment