Saturday, August 25, 2012

Res Life Retreat

Another retreat!  It seems like all we do around here this month is retreat.  Can't beat that!  :)  Last night we took the RAs on an overnight retreat.  I've wanted to arrange something like this since I came to Lithuania, but am just now getting comfortable enough with navigating the countryside and culture to actually organize it.  My main goal was to create some team spirit/space for group bonding.  I think the event succeeded at doing that. 

We drove out to the camp on Friday evening.  We made shaslik for dinner and then played several rounds of Scribblish (one of my new favorite games!).  After the game we spent some time in the sauna.  The we ate snacks and chatted.  Around midnight we played a game of Apples to Apples.  And around 1:30 we all turned in for the night.  In the morning we had breakfast, cleaned up, and headed back to campus.  I think the time away from campus together was so worthwhile.  I feel like I got to know several students much better and came away feeling excited and energized about the great group of RAs we have this year!

Festive decor at the camp

Josh was the griller and the others supervised him.
Josh, Ausrius, Ieva, Toms, and Vadim


A nice shot of the group
front row: Toms, Melisa, Vadim, and Josh
middle row: Alisha, Amanda, me, Kristine, and Ira
back row: Sarune, Ieva, and Ausrius

mandatory funny photo!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment