Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A weekend in England!

As my days in Lithuania dwindled I realized that the ability to travel inexpensively in Europe was also dwindling.  I decided to take advantage of the cheap airlines and flew to England April 5th - 8th to spend a couple days with my best friend from childhood, Rebecca and her husband, Earl.  We had a great time exploring a nearby village, playing games, cooking fun food, going to church, and the grand finale was an afternoon in Windsor where we went to Windsor Castle - where Queen Elizabeth spends much of her time!  

Windsor Caslte

Beautiful archways

The flag flying above meant that the Queen was there!

Can you imagine how gorgeous those gardens are in the summer?!

St. George's Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Castle
We went to Sunday evensong there...beautiful service!

I had an EARLY flight out on Monday morning, so here's Rebecca and me saying farewell at the airport.  So glad I got to spend some time with her before heading back to America.  Being with her is always refreshing and fun.  LOVE her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment