Wednesday, May 29, 2013

SURPRISE!!!

Amanda and Alisha pulled off the Ultimate Surprise party for me the Friday night after my birthday.  We had done brunch at a local restaurant on my actual birthday and I thought that was the extent of my celebration.  Little did I know that they had another trick up their sleeves!  

They threw me a Lithuanian birthday party...with kepta duona, balandeliai, rice, tinginys, and sakotis to eat and fun Lithuanian flag inspired decorations!  

Here's Josh and Amanda as Josh was texting me to come over after I had firmly told Amanda that I was NOT going anywhere that night...I was just too tired.  I just LOVE how her arms are blurred from moving so fast.  I can just imagine how she was fretting over it and her nervous energy was being expended through her arms!  :)  Love that girl!  

Here is the moment of my surprise!  I was TOTALLY in surprised and screeched with delight!  And I love how this captures Alisha on the side bellowing out "Surprise!"  :)

me laughing with my devious girls!  :)

festive decor!

Completing the crossword about me
John, Max, Mark, Jennifer, Bethany, and me

Gretchen, Shari, John, Max, and Mark

My Lithuanian birthdaycake...sakotis.  A delicious sweet cake made on a spit.

I was blowing out my candles...not sneezing on the cake as the photo appears

And it wouldn't be a Lithuanian birthday without fresh flowers!

Thanks to Marlene for capturing these moments on her camera!  

No comments:

Post a Comment