Saturday, May 25, 2013

Parade of Stars 2013

Parade of Stars is one of my favorite campus events.  We see so much talent and laugh til our sides hurt at this fun evening where students compete by nationality.  Since this is my last year at LCC and I oversee the Intercultural Education area, I pulled a few strings and was a judge for the event!  :)

The emcees Ina (Albania) and Anton (Kyrgyzstan)

Team Russia

Team Moldova


Team Latvia

Team Belarus

Team Ukraine

The Intercultural Team who organized it all!

Latvia..WINNERS (again!)

This year the Parade of Stars dealt with a bit of controversy.  Due to an error in the scoring process the 2nd and 3rd places were incorrectly awarded.  I was SO proud of the Intercultural Team and how they handled the situation.  They could have just hidden the mistake, but instead they called a meeting for everyone involved, explained the error and awarded prizes to those who rightly deserved them.  They received a bit of backlash for the incident, but learned a lot from the experience.  I commended them multiple times for doing the right thing, even when it was difficult.  I have a feeling that this will stand out to them as one of the more important learnings from their time on the Intercultural Team.  I can't say enough how proud I was of them!  


No comments:

Post a Comment