Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fun food at the mall...

Last Sunday I went to the mall in the afternoon with Teresa.  While there we did a little shopping and a little eating!  :) 

I finally tried the Lithuanian comfort food, Cepelinai - a a type of dumpling made from grated potatoes and stuffed with minced meat. It was recomended to me by another expat to try the roasted ones since they are a bit crispier and more flavorable.

I wasn't really impressed with this dish.  It wasn't horrible tasting, but it did leave a heavy greasy feeling in my stomach the rest of the day.  The big pile of white is sour cream that you dipped the dumpling in.

The other food moment was stopping at McDonalds!  I had refreained from going there until now...I didn't want to give in to the temptation to rest in the familiar.  I didn't get a meal, but I did enjoy an ice cold fountain Coke Light and an apple pie.

Lithuanian McDonalds service counter

 
Susie happy with a fountain Coke Light...better than one in a plastic bottle.

McDonalds apple pie...old school style - fried not baked.  Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment