Sunday, September 26, 2010

Supper @ Susie's

At GC I often had students in for dinner.  I called those meals "Supper @ Susie's."  I wanted to find a way to continue to have students into my home for meals, but knew I couldn't use the same kind of advertising and ways of inviting students that I used as an RD.  I decided to have the women that are a part of Community Life each work with their student leaders to find an evening that worked for their teams and then come to dinner as a group.  On Wednesday evening I had the Intercultural Program Leaders (IPLs) and their supervisor (Gabija) over for dinner.  It was a wonderful time!  We enjoyed a meal of lasagna, salad, and garlic bread.  For dessert we had a birthday cake for one of the students who was turning 20 that day.  I am looking forward to the other groups joining me in the weeks ahead!

Gabija (on the right) and the IPLs 

The IPLs and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment