Saturday, January 29, 2011

KVN

All year I've been hearing about a campus event called "KVN".  Everyone said it is a "must attend" event on campus.  The reports were true...it was a great event and I am so glad I didn't miss it!

What is KVN?  It is actually a Russian television show.  KVN stands for "Клуб Весёлых и Находчивых" or in English, "Club of the Happy and Inventive".  It is a comedy competition between 2 teams - some prepared material and some improve stuff.  Our event was a live student competition based on the television show.  It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!  The skits had me laughing so hard that I gasped for air.  The students were SO creative!  I loved it! 

The best part for me was that the humor was genuinely funny, but not crass.  I am so used to people pushing the envelope or quickly going to the sexual innuendo or inappropriate joke for a cheap laugh.  These students were really creative and truly funny without resorting those methods.  I was so pleased and proud - especially since many of our students are not Christians, but were just using good judgement.  It made me happy to be a part of a community that gave such things some fore thought.   

 During one of the skits

The team from Moldova...such funny people! 

Team "Eric Kasper" who won the competetion!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment