Thursday, March 17, 2011

Visitors from home...well, kinda.

Two of my friends from home came to visit me in February.  I call them friends from home because I met them when we were younger and living back in Goshen.  Now we each live on this side of the world.  Rebecca lives in England and Kristine lives in Uganda.  So, they are friends from home, kinda.

Anyway, they came to visit and I was SO excited and pleased that they did!  They spent 4 days here and we had so much fun!  I enjoyed playing hostess - showing them around LCC, exploring Klaipeda together, cooking meals for them, etc.  It really was a blast!  Plus it was just wonderful to have friends here who know me, like really know me.  It was such good medicine for my soul.  I am so grateful that they made the trip here to visit me.

I worked a half day on their first day here.  They slept in while I had my Residence Life staff meeting and did some office stuff.  I headed home around lunch.  After we ate some lunch we headed out and explored Old Town - the area of Klaipeda that I live in.  After exploring we came back to my place in time to eat dinner and get ready for Bible study that evening.  It was a nice intro to my world.


Kristine & me standing at one of my favorite spots in Klaipeda - on the bridge going into Old Town.

Me & Rebecca on the bridge as well. 

 Rebecca riding the cat statue.  I'll never forget this moment...too funny!

The chimney sweep statue on top of a building in Old Town.
It's said you'll have good luck if you touch his button, but since he's so high up... 

They put buttons on the building below so that you can actually reach them! 

Me & Rebecca - enjoying mochas at my favorite chocolate shop in Klaipeda. 

Kristine & me - enjoying some chocolates! 

Rebecca saving me from being eaten by the dragon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment