Monday, May 17, 2010

FAITH

Yesterday our church overseer, Keith, was in town. He spoke in the morning service on the topic of "Faith." He talked about how if we have faith we will be able to do far more than we can imagine we can. Here are some of my notes from the sermon...

-You will never have passion unless you step out and take a risk...if we always play it safe and don't take a risk, our lives will be very ordinary and passionless. It's in living on the edge and depending on God that we experience the deep stirring of passion in life.
-Faith levels the playing field...while I may be "nothing" in the eyes of the world, when I step out in faith God works in supernatural ways and makes things happen. I can do greater things than those who may be seen as having extraordinary talents because God is working through me.
-Listen & obey...step out, take the risk, do what He's asking you to do! He will move you beyond your limitations and will level the playing field! We change lives through being obedient.

This sermon resonated with me especially as I look at the future and moving to Lithuania. I have been listening...He's told me to go. I'm obeying and stepping out and taking a risk. I'm quitting my job, moving 4500 miles from home, and relying on others to donate funds to support me! I am choosing to live by faith and believe that He will meet my needs and use me to change the lives of the students I work with. I do believe that the deep stirring I feel in my soul is indeed what real passion feels like!

No comments:

Post a Comment