Saturday, May 15, 2010

A quick update

Time is moving quickly. The GC residence halls close in less than a week and then my career here will be done. So bittersweet! I have actually had to put most of my Lithuania thinking on the back burner the past two weeks so that I can concentrate on the things I need to complete here.

I do regularly correspond via email with the VP of Student Life, Kim, and I had a good phone conversation with the expat director, Derek on Friday. So, Lithuania isn't fully out of my mind these days. :)

Derek and I talked for over an hour about my financial needs while in Lithuania. It looks like I will need to raise about $38,00 for the year to cover all of my expenses - medical, travel, housing, visa fees, taxes, and general living expenses. That seems like a HUGE amount to me, but I believe strongly that this is where God wants me to go next, so I'm trusting that He will provide. Once things wrap up here with school things I will begin to work heavily on raising support.

That's all I have time for today, but I at least wanted to update the blog since it'd been a week or so since I posted. Thanks for your support and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment