Monday, May 3, 2010

New things to think about

It seems that every day I think of a slew of new questions about the move to Lithuania. Today a few of my questions were...

-Should I get a P.O. Box or have my mail sent to the home of the people who are handling my finances while I'm gone?

-I wonder if they have any good Mexican food there.

-Since I'm going to be cramped on space when it comes to packing...is now the time to stop coloring my hair?! (Pretty confident the answer to that is a huge NO!)

-How many cookbooks can I/should I take along?

-What is there worship like over there? Will it be only hymns?! Not that I don't like hymns, but I am used to mostly praise & worship style worship.

-Is there Diet Coke in Lithuania?!

On a different note, as I shared my story of this transition with someone today they commented that the Lord speaks to me a lot. I also had a friend ask me the other day to explain to her son how "the Lord told me" certain things about this decision. Both of these comments made me ponder anew what it is to be listening for God's voice in my decisions. Often times I don't feel as though God is near or speaking to me, but it's been comforting that I have felt His presence in real ways in this process. It gives me added confidence not only that this is the right path, but that He will be with me even as I make the move. I wouldn't/couldn't be making this significant of a life change if I wasn't confident that it was His plan for me.

God is good...all the time.
All the time...God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment