Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Serve Day!

The first Saturday of October was Serve Day.  This is the day when everyone on campus is invited to do a service project together.  We serve in the afternoon and gather together for a meal in the evening.  I worked it so that my group could work in the kitchen!  :)  My FYS group and I were in charge of making dessert for the evening meal.  We made lemon bars, raspberry oatmeal bars, and brownies.  It was the first time that some of the had baked such delicious treats.  We had a LOT of fun together and everyone enjoyed our goodies!

Olha, Iki, Elvyra, and Erika with the brownie batter.

Natasha and Sasha mixing the oatmeal bars.

Janis, Artem, and Luicija REALLY got into their work!

Alexandr, Laura, and Martynas worked on lemon bars.
(I hope Martynas washed that spatula before using it!)

And, of course, I got in on the cooking fun!

drinking my Crystal Light...and loving it!
Matas, Martynas, Aleksandr, and Iki

Sasha, Olha, Artem, Laura, and Luicija

Erika, Iki, me, and Elvyra

No comments:

Post a Comment