Saturday, October 16, 2010

A festival in town!

This morning I woke up to hear a bit more noise on the streets than I normally do.  When I looked out the window I saw that a few streets over there appeared to be a festival of some sort going on.  I decided to walk over and explore it for myself!  There were many vendors out selling all sorts of handmade items and goodies.  Here are some photos of what I saw...

The local newspaper had a "face in hole" of the front page of the newspaper.  :)

They were decorating a tree shaped stand with leaves and then writing on/hanging paper leaves on the tree in the center of the street.

 A booth of assorted items...kinda flea marketish.

Amber jewelry for sale.

Decorated ginger cookies

 Wooden untensils

Slippers...lots & lots of slippers!

 Dried fish.

 Colorful jewelry

A youth band playing on a stage near the square.

 A cute little coffee car!

 Tasty & beautiful pastries

Warm fur lined hats!

Huge slabs of bacon!

1 comment:

  1. hope you bought something for me - except for the fish or bacon - no thanks! ~deanna

    ReplyDelete