Sunday, October 17, 2010

Naglis-Adakris Palangos

This evening I went to a basketball game!  Luke Zeller is a former Indiana Mr. Basketball and a former Notre Dame basketball player.  He is now playing for the Lithuanian team, Naglis-Adakris Palangos, which happens to practice and play their games in the LCC gymnasium.  Luke is also a friend of my friend, Bryce Bow.  Bryce "introduced" us via email last month and we have been trading emails ever since then.  And then today I finally had the time to go to a game to see him play.  

The game was fun to watch...lots of excitement in the crowd, some great shots, and a down to the wire finish - which unfortunately Luke's team did not win.  :(  I personally enjoy the games that are close like that over a blow out!  

The oddest part, other than sitting entirely alone at the game, was the fact that everything was in Lithuanian, not English.  I'm used to all LCC events being in English, but this was not because it was a Lithuanian professional sporting event, not a school sponsored event.  I need to take a Lithuanian with me to the next game so that I can at least figure out what the words to the cheers/chants are.  Also, the refs wear orange and black instead of the black & white striped shirts that I am used to!

Luke is in the blue next to #42.  You can see the ref in his black & orange shirt to the left of the basket.  Also, the guy in the front center with the blurred "master-card" logo on his shirt is also a ref.  All the jerseys had several different brand logos on them.

Here's the team in a huddle during a time out.  Luke is # 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment