Friday, April 27, 2012

A day away!


Kim, Rachel, and I spent the day in Vilnius on Monday.  We each had some Lithuanian made items that we had been looking for, but were unable to find in Klaipeda, so we decided to venture to the big city to find them.  It was a fairly successful trip as far as purchases go.  It was a very successful trip as far as time with friends goes!  :)  I am acutely aware that Kim will not be here next year, so having a day with her and Rachel was a special treasure.  And it was a gorgeous sunny day to top it off!  :)

Stands filled with amber items line the street.

One of the gorgeous churches

The inside of one of my favorite pottery shops.

Enjoying our pizzas at the outdoor cafe

Kim and I by the cheese shop

Rachel and I in Old Town

The three of us in one of the squares!

And we celebrated Rachel's birthday (which was the following day) with dinner at Tres Mexicanos, the only Mexican restaurant in all of Lithuania!  This was my dinner...so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment