Monday, April 16, 2012

Field Trip

Today I went on a field trip with the Career Development Center.  We went to MARS Lietuva - the Lithuanian branch of MARS company.  I went along with visions of learning how M&M's are made, watching Snicker's rush by me on a conveyor belt, and getting to taste test some new candy bar they are experimenting with.  Had I read my email more closely I would have realized that MARS Lietuva makes most of the wet pet food for Europe.  So, instead I watched meat being pureed, smelled lots of fish, and was offered a taste test of Whiskas cat food (I did NOT take them up on that offer!)  It was actually a very informative field trip.  We learned a lot about their business practices and their place in the entire MARS corporation.  And while the cat food tour was maybe not the most appetizing, it was educational and a fun break from my regular afternoon duties!

Here's me with a whiskas sign in the conference room.
It was good of me to color coordinate with my surroundings, wasn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment