Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not quite there!

A quick update from the Frankfurt, Germany airport...

I arrived here a few hours ago and am now patiently waiting for my flight to Latvia to board so that I can continue the journey to Lithuania!  :) 

Yesterday afternoon three of my closest sisters in the Lord delivered me to O'Hare airport.  We stopped at my favorite restaurant - Buca di Beppo's for dinner in the Chicago suburbs.  We chose that because I wanted some of the delicious bruschetta before I left the states.  God chose our waiter because He's cool like that.  Here's the story....The waiter (Bryan) was taking our drink order and asked if we were there celebrating anything.  We explained that I was moving to Europe and that these gals were taking me to the airport.  He asked where I was moving to.  I told him "Lithuania" and waited for the typical "WHERE?!" that most people answer with.  Instead he said, "I'm FROM Lithuania!"  All four of us were like, "REALLY?!"  He then explained that his mom is from there and he's 100% Lithuania!  SO COOL, right?!

Me and Bryan - the American born Lithuanian waiter!

A few other photos from the trip so far
...please excuse the tear stained faces!  :)

Me, Tracy, Bonnie, and Patty

Me- checking in at the counter in Chicago!

me & Tracy

Kisses from my Bonnie

Me & Patty - tears a rollin'!

Here I go!!!!

After an 8 hour flight to Frankfurt.  I feel better than I look!  :)

Kim and Andrew from LCC are picking me at the airport in Lithuania and then taking me to my new apartment to get settled and to likely fall into bed exhausted!  :)  I will post again when I have internet aceess.

Thanks for all your prayers.  I can feel the presence of God in a very real way as I am making this trip across the globe!  It's wonderful to know I have such a great community of God's people praying for me along the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment