Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tomorrow I leave!

I leave for Lithuania in less than 24 hours!  I have spent a lot of time with loved ones during these past few days/weeks and have a few more important visits to get in before I leave tomorrow yet (Mom, the Rissers, my Student Life family at GC, my hairdresser, and a couple others likely.)  Some of my dearest sisters in the Lord are taking me to the airport tomorrow afternoon.  I fly out of Chicago, so we will get to stop for dinner at my favorite restaurant - Buca di Beppos!  What a bittersweet time that will be!

My main goal before I go to bed tonight is to figure out what to do about my luggage...I have entirely too much weight in my suitcases and need to continue to filter out what will and what won't make the cut to go to Lithuania with me this trip.  (And this is even after already filling up a suitcase of winter clothes for an acquaintance to bring over when he comes at the end of September!)

Amidst all  the emotional good-byes, details that have (at times) seemed to consume my life, the uncertainty of how God is going to work out all the financial provision, and the excitement/terror of starting over in a new place...I am still certain that this is what I am called to do for the next season of my life!  I am so looking forward to getting off the plane Thursday night in Lithuania and starting this new adventure.  I am eager to get started doing the work that I am called to do there and can't wait to see the ways the students of LCC are going to shape the woman I am and how God will use me to shape the young adults that they are becoming! 

I will post again soon...from Lithuania!!! 
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment