Sunday, August 21, 2011

HBH with the RAs

We took the RAs out for dinner at HBH as a part of the RA orientation week fun!  HBH is a nice restaurant in Palanga that is known for its outdoor playground for adults and good food.  I didn't get any photos of the playground fun because I waited in line for the group while they all played.  I was happy to let my RDs start bonding with their teams!  :)

I love the menus at HBH - they are shaped like beer mugs - the covers are made of leather and the handle/binding is made of iron.


Here are several of the girl RAs with their mugs of Gira - a traditional Lithuanian beverage made from fermented raisen bread.  It's kinda like root beer - sweet with a bready taste.  HBH is known for having really good Gira - MUCH better than the stuff I tried at Charlie Pica last year!
Tatiana, Iuna, Melisa, Ana, Natlaia, and Ira
(Thanks to Amanda for the photo!)

Here's the other side of the table gathered around Roman and his mug of Gira!
me, Roman, Levi, Amanda, Zhengia, and Alex
(Thanks to Amanda for the photo!) 

Amanda and I split two traditional Lithuanian dishes.  This was the sasliak.  I loved this entree!

We also split and order of cepellini.  Cepellini is the Lithuanian National Dish and HBH is supposed to make it very well.  I was very glad that Amanda and I split the two dishes, because if I had ordered just this I would've been completely disappointed.  The texture is just too gritty and pasty for my liking.  :(

Here are the RDs and the RAs gathered for a group shot after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment