Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peach pie


On Sunday evening I was out for dinner with some other expats and somehow we got on the topic of pie.  We were talking about all sorts of pie flavors...mmmm good conversation!  On the way home from work on Monday I stopped a little veggie/fruit stand and saw some gorgeous plump juicy looking peaches.  My mind floated back to the conversation from the night before and I quickly decided to buy some of the peaches and make a peach pie!  My Community Life staff was coming over for dinner the next evening, so I thought it'd be a great dessert to serve them.  Know what?!  It was!  It was a delicious pie...if I do say so myself!  :)

Pie - baking in the oven.

Pie - cut and ready to serve!

The expats who were a part of the conversation each got a piece of the pie - as a way of thanking them for the inspiration.  I also gave a piece to Kim & Andrew to share because they let me use their pie pan.  My staff and I ate the rest of it.  I think everyone enjoyed the pie experience.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment