Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back in Lithuania!

After 21 hours of travelling I made it back to Klaipeda on Thursday, July 28th.  I thought my first day would include sorting through mountains of emails in my inbox at the office, but instead it included a lot of fun!  A group of friends met for breakfast at Navalis (a local restaurant).  It was so good to see so many faces that have become dear to me during my time at LCC.  And to meet a new friend as well!  :)  Breakfast was filled with stories about our summers, filling the new gal in on who we are, and enjoying some delicious Lithuanian food!  After breakfast we went to the Sea Festival to look around and SHOP!  The Sea Festival is an annual event in Klaipeda with miles of boothes of mostly handmade goods - jewelry, woodworking, pottery, paintings, etc.  It was fund to look at all the cool stuff and to pick up a few gifts for folks back home.  After we were worn out from shopping we did go back to LCC for a farewell party and a tour of the new Residence Hall.  It was good to be back and see more friendly familiar faces! 

I only got a few photos at breakfast, so enjoy those!

My delicious omelet - aren't the butter balls cute?!  :)

Kim, Maxine, and Rachel

Marlene, me, and Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment