Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tall Ships Regatta in Klaipeda

This weekend the "Tall Ships Regatta" was in town!  I was busy with RA training most of the weekend, but made it out to the port to see the ships leave on Sunday morning.  It was a beautiful day - blue skies, bright sun!  And the ships were truly amazing!

A scene from the bridge over the river looking out towards the port.

Look at all those tall ships!

Check out the mermaid on the front of this Dutch ship.

I liked the flags on the mast of the boat in the distance.

A view from a distance of the Mir (right) and Sedov (left) - two Russian ships

They put sailor costumes on the statue of the little boy and his dog - so cute!

The dude on the right who is just hanging there...I wouldn't want his job!

Marlene & me enjoying the beautiful day!

We were sitting very close to the water with no guard rail! 
My mom would've freaked out if she had seen me there!  :)

The Kruzenshtern - the 2nd largest ship in the world.

The Shtandart

The Sedov leaving port!

The Sedov - the largest ship in the world!

Here's a link that will tell you more about the Tall Ships Regatta!  http://www.tallships.lt/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment