Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Istanbul, not Constantople!

Those of you who have been reading my blog for the past year may remember that I got sick during fall break last year while in Riga.  And you may remember that I ended up staying in Klaipeda for spring break.  I was quite disappointed that neither break let me experience the joy of travelling in Europe.  Everyone went on and on about how great it is to live in Europe because you can travel everywhere so cheaply.  Unfortunately it didn't work out for me quite like that.

Well, this year is going to be different!  I have tickets booked with a couple friends to go to Istanbul, Turkey for fall break!  We got together tonight and booked our flights, so we are going!  I had never really thought about going to Turkey, but when a group started talking about fall break plans a couple of weeks ago, Turkey became the hot topic.  I decided that I'd would prefer to go somewhere, even if it wasn't on my list of places I'd like to visit, than to stay home again.  Then I started exploring what we can do there and now I am totally psyched to go!

Here are a couple photos from our planning meeting...

Amanda getting ready to hit the button to purchase our tickets!
Unfortunately the transaction didn't actually go through this time, so this is not when the tickets were officially purchased!  :)

Me and the gals I'll be travelling with - Bethany and Amanda.
We are holding my laptop showing our flight confirmation.

And this is the song we kept playing over and over again as we talked about and booked the tickets!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment